Monday, April 08, 2002

Bring Back the Cattle Trucks!: I've just been to hell. By train. You may have read my survival guide to travelling by rail (somewhere below), but today it all went horribly tits. I did everything right. I found my corner seat. I plugged into Led Zep II (volume up to eleven) and spread out. That's when God sent the Munsters. Family of six sweary, snotty, screamy smelly people with far to much luggage to be entirtely natural to torture me for two and a half hours. I contemplated murder, but I was hopelessly outnumbered.

I am, then, forever in debt to the little old lady who told them to "Bloody shut that $%&*ing noise, get your feet off the &*^$£%^ seats and get your mounds of rubbish out of the $%^&*^% aisles before I have you put off this train at the next station", to the smug satifaction of the rest of the carriage. God, I can be a real chicken at times. When you've been at the wrong end of Men With Guns, you know when to keep your head down. Even when it's the Munsters making abit of noise on the 0948 to Waterloo.

Ah well, things could be worse. Nope, just found out that things ARE worse...

Morty the Death's Head


Today's loud, shouty and ever-so-twiddly-guitar playlist:
Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols - bought this on vinyl around 1979, thought it might be time to get the CD. I miss the crackles, pops and the needle jumping during "Problems"
Led Zeppelin II - Rock! Sorry, that's ROOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spider of Mars - Wait a minute while I get into my spangly jumpsuit

Twenty-five years ago I would have been run out of town for owning that particular combination. Which is probably a good thing that I was still listening to The Muppet Show Album at the time. Still, Animal rocked, and he's still got the coveted drummer position in my fantasy rock band.

Back to Scaryduck

No comments: