Sunday, May 25, 2003

"The Russian Kommunist Kitten Joke"

There was a man digging salt in a forced labour camp somewhere in the frozen wastes of Siberia. His comrades asked him “How did you get here? Are you a trotskyist, revisionist, sicophant, or just another enemy of the people?” The man paused in his digging and told his story.

“I was the head master of a school, a kindergarten, actually. I never got involved in politics, not at all. But one day I heard that Stalin in person was going to visit my school. So I started thinking very hard about what I could have done to impress him, and I asked the children if they had something that they would like to tell to comrade Stalin. So, there was this little girl, so nice, who said: “Well, I would say this to comrade Stalin: my cat has just had a litter of five kittens and they all are good communists”.

I was delighted of having such a promising young pupil and some days afterwards, when Stalin came, I hastened to introduce her to him. So the little girl came up and said aloud: “Comrade Stalin, my cat had a litter of five kittens and they are all good capitalists”. As Stalin’s guards were dragging me out, I asked the girl a question: “Why in the world did you say that? Hadn’t you said last time that the kittens were all good communists?” And she answered: “Yes, but by now they have opened their eyes”.

The Scaryduck Archive, Comrade

No comments: