Monday, March 28, 2005

Join Me

Good deed for the day

I've joined Join Me, Danny Wallace's Not-a-cult-we're-a-collective dedicated to doing random goods deeds. I have decided that I shall use my kind-hearted boss as my role model for the sacrifices that he makes to ensure that people are happy.

For example, he was down the pub not long ago, when he found an appointment card for the local clap clinic on the floor of the bar. It had an appointment on it, but no name. So, he spent the next hour or so, going from table-to-table, punter-to-punter ("I'm sorry to disturb you, but is this your VD clinic card?") until it was re-united with its owner.

Drink was involved, but all parties seemed happy enough with the outcome, even if Boss refused to shake hands with the victim. After all, they can jump six feet...

What a man, and if it wasn't for the fact that he's writing my appraisal, I would say more.

My first act of random kindness will be to hang around the ladies' toilet and pass fresh rolls of paper under the door should they run out. It's the least I can do, and isn't manky in any way whatsoever.

The Leader will be so pleased.

No comments: