Monday, June 06, 2005

Computer Operator woe

Computer operator

Greetings, B3TA readers - it's likely you've stumbled on this place courtesy of this week's newsletter. You poor, poor people. Here, then, for your delight, the full, unedited version of the tale of woe I submitted. We're big on woe here.

Woe

We suffered a major system crash, and spent several hours running round swearing until the monster was fixed.

Boss sticks his head round the door and says "Scary - do us a favour - send an on-screen message to all users to let 'em know the computer's no longer fucked."

So I did.

"ALL USERS: COMPUTER NO LONGER FUCKED"

We laughed.

Then, I dropped my coffee mug. It landed on the Enter key.

Our network had several hundred users in many varied locations round the world.

I was no longer one of them.

Also, greetings to Guardian readers who have found their way here thanks to this here mention. I can assure you that I am not, and never will be, Belle de Jour.

Who

Call me a sad Doctor Who fan: The Bad Wolf website is up at last, and I'm none the wiser.

However, a source who wishes to remain anonymous sends me this. The BBC Cult team having a laugh, there's a funny thing.

No comments: