Tuesday, July 24, 2007

On revealing the most memorable moment in your life

On revealing the most memorable moment in your life

Last week, Scaryduck Junior left his primary school of four years and steeled himself for a long, hard summer of red-hot Playstation action before that challenge of secondary school.

To mark this transition, the school held its annual leavers' assembly, where the Year Six kids sit with their parents in a nostalgic look back at their years of bullying, fighting, disappointment and occasional learning within the establishment.

Part of this assembly included a montage of interviews put together by the school's journalism club. This was - rather appropriately - called "My most memorable moment", pupils and teachers alike holding forth on their achievements in their otherwise mundane lives.

Most were not up to much, and mainly included prowess on the sports field, the collection of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards or sadly, endeavour in the classroom.

All except Mrs Spode. Mrs Spode, the school's special needs teacher with a particular remit to stamp out bullying. Mrs Spode who wouldn't otherwise say boo to a small, rather timid goose.

"Mrs Spode?" asked a disembodied child's voice at the end of a microphone, "What was the most memorable moment in your life?"

"Ah yes. It was a long time ago, when I was at convent school. I was having a bad day, and I did one thing that made me feel much, much better. I punched a nun."

"You... you did what?"

"I swung round and POW! I punched her right on the nose. That penguin went down like a ton of bricks."

"Oh. Right. Thank you Mrs Spode."

My most memorable moment in life was finding out Scaryduck Junior - spawn of my loins - had been kicked out of School Journalists' Club.

That's me boy!

What then, are you most proud of?

No comments: