Tuesday, April 21, 2009

On inappropriate txting

On inappropriate txting

There are times when you should consider the direction your life is taking. For example, I am in the gents' toilets at work washing my hands, hearing the unmistakeable sounds of a) one of my colleagues parking his breakfast in one of the cubicles and b) a text message being composed on a mobile phone.

Myself excluded, he is the only person using the facilities.

How, I ask, did his life reach such a point? I've written in the past about people who use the phone on the toilet, but this, I am sure you'll agree is a new low.

And more to the point, what exactly does one text about on the shitter?

"IM ON TEH BOG. NNNNNG LOLOL"

Or

"PLZ TO SEND PAPER"

Even a recent funeral, the dearly departed being carried in with great reverence in an extremely flashy coffin, was spoiled by the tell-tale twerp of a comedy ring-tone, followed by the frantic finger-and-thumb reply of the experienced TXT-er.

"LOL IM IN A FUNRAL"

"NE1 I NO?"

"LOL ITS SOME1S GRN! C U L8R"

Bloody trendy vicars.

No comments: