Sunday, April 04, 2010

On accidental minor fame

On accidental minor fame

A couple of things happened last Tuesday.

1. They ramped the Large Hadron Collider* up to Seven Trillion electron Volts and took it for a test run round the block

2. At exactly the same moment the entire county of Dorset was plunged into a power cut that caused literally minutes of minor inconvenience.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT. And I have the evidence from my Twitter stream to prove it

One thing led to another, and before I knew it, my relveation was second lead story in the Bournemouth Echo - where poor, dead Bill Bryson started his career, and would be spinning in his grave if he were actually poor and dead.

Of course, it's all celebrations now. But just you wait until a bunch of Daleks pour out of a fissure in the space/time continuum - it'll be all fun and games until someone loses an eye, I can tell you for nothing.

* Not to be confused with the Large Hardon Collider, which can have a grown man hospitalised**

** Or something from the Harry Potter books: "And this," said Dumbledore, whipping off the dustcloth, "Is what we call the Large Hagrid Collider". Hermione's joy was unbounded

No comments: