Tuesday, April 06, 2010

On not accepting Our Lord Jesus Christ as my Personal Saviour and Guide, again

On not accepting Our Lord Jesus Christ as my Personal Saviour and Guide, again

*DING DONG*

Yet another evening of exploring the bounds of the Seven Deadly Sins disturbed by the unwelcome sound of the doorbell. Who the Devil could it be at this time of the evening?

Oh. It is one of those people that speaks in capitals.

"Excuse me sir - I wonder if you've got a few minutes to hear the Good News about Our Lord Jesus Christ and how you can accept him as Your Personal Saviour and Guide?"

It is times like these where it pays to think on your feet, and word your reply both in capitals and an unfamiliar character set:

"Sorry. No English. Russkiy Yazyk, da?"

"Oh. Right. Jesus? Jesus Christ?"

"And pliz! Not to be swear! Is bad word with your Jesus Christ. Russki, da?"

"Um... err... sorry to have disturbed you. Didn't mean to offend. Perhaps I could come back and talk to you another time about accept Our Lord ...umm.... as Your Personal Saviour and Guide"

"Simples!"

I dunno. I think I might have over-egged it.

No comments: