Thursday, December 09, 2010

On incredible discoveries turning out to be something quite underwhelming

On incredible discoveries turning out to be something quite underwhelming

"Dad! Dad!" the boy says, "I've found out the most amazing thing!"

"What?" I ask, torn away from the brain-sapping excitement of the X Factor, "This had better be better than the brain-sapping excitement of the X Factor."

"If you dial 123, this guy at the other end of the phone tells you the time."

"..."

"That's just BRILLIANT!"

"That, my son, is called the Speaking Clock. And it's been going forever."

"Oh. Right."

"And I'm blogging this."

"You git."


And a bit of a hero-gram

Remember my recent biscuit-related woe at the hands of a packet of shoddy Co-op Rich Teas?

They reply!

Dear Mr Duck,

We're sorry to hear about your recent biscuit-related woe at the hands of a packet of shoddy Co-op Rich Teas.

Please accept our apologies, our pledge that all biscuits will be individually stress tested as per EU regulations, and some vouchers.

Your pals,

The Co-op.
I heart you The Co-op. I really heart you.

No comments: