Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Smug People in Local Newspapers

I don't know what blog to put this one on

You might know that I run Angry People in Local Newspapers and Dull News in Local newspapers. Unfortunately, I do not run a blog called Smug People in Local Newspapers, which is where this story belongs. So that's why it's here.

London Evening Standard: Boy leaves his phone on the bus, smugness ensues

The headline just doesn't do any justice to the levels of smugness involved. Just click through and read the whole article. As [NAME-DROPPER ALERT] Danny Wallace [CLANG!] says: "Every paragraph is worse than the last", and he's not wrong.

Pure smug gold, of the type you'll only ever see in Chelsea if you look hard enough.

6 comments:

Hawkfall said...

I gave up at "Luca Guerrini-Maraldi".

UnkTantor said...

The mums got a pretty mouth...

Anonymous said...

I always wondered what happened to the girl from the Flake adverts...

rashbre said...

Hilarious.

Kaptain Kobold said...

"I always wondered what happened to the girl from the Flake adverts.."

I wonder if he gets bullied at school over it - 'Your mum used to fellate chocolate bars on the telly'

Mr Larrington said...

Mind you, Mummy's three years older than me and in much better nick.